Find a roofer in Burlington, Kansas
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What's the timeframe for a roofer to build a new roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofing contractor is dependent on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also many other things to consider. The average roof for a residence is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so normally, a roofer can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into consideration is the weather forecast in Burlington, KS. Storms will make working conditions unpleasant and this is going to push out the timeline. If bad weather is expected to take place during your replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to finish.
The complexity of your roof is another thing that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofer is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roofer can come up with a timeline for the job.
Which time is best to get my roof evaluated?
Many roofing contractors recommend twice-yearly roof inspections since regular inspections have been proven to make your roof last longer. Something to consider is, by not having an evaluation done, any warranty you have could be voided.
At what cost does a roofing professional charge for a roof replacement?
It’s challenging to narrow down how much a new roof is going to cost you since there are a few things that will influence the overall cost. Typically, replacing your roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the materials used. The price of your roof replacement will be determined by the materials you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be challenging if your roof is more intricate since you’ll have to account for various angles. Here's how a roofing contractor can be of assistance. They’ll be able to determine the measurements of your roof and give you a better estimate on the price of your roof.
What is the expected price to fix my roof?
On the subject of the condition of your roof, you're either looking at major or minor repairs. A little bit of maintenance can fall anywhere between $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to take care of minor stuff themselves, but if you’re not certain of what to do or you’re worried about keeping safe, then you should leave those minor fixes to the professionals.
Any repairs that are major do require specialized knowledge and they do cost more. You can expect major roofing repairs to be in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
Roofing Maintenance Companies near Burlington, KS
Thumbtack is the perfect home management platform that helps you connect with roofing repair and roofing replacement companies in Burlington, KS. See what experiences other customers have had, talk directly with the roofing replacement company want to hire, get a quote, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
Our platform also collects a wealth of information to help you before you start browsing through our network of qualified roofing professionals.
Do you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services? With the exception of leakage or other glaring issues, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a good decision.
- The Age of Your Roof: Approximately 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts, so if you think your roof is older than that, it might be time to contact a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a contractor immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can cause serious problems. Roofing repairs done by a professional will remediate the issue and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters in addition to checking up on your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar you may want a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are ripped, curled, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs an inspection. Roofing maintenance services will identify worn-out shingles and provide first-rate repairs to avoid leaks from causing more damage.
Find a company that can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement a streamlined and satisfactory process. When you’ve found the right fit, then it's just getting your estimate and setting up an appointment to get your roof in order.