Find a roofer in Bendena, Kansas
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most affordable materials for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are strong and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any house.
Asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to get higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential spaces and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. If the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a good idea to get consistent inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this indicates you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
While you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year for a roof replacement. But because it is a popular time for these services, it can be a challenge to book time with a contractor. This means that waiting until winter could be an easier time to book.
Many roofing companies have more down time during the winter, but you could be putting up with more severe weather. Summer is sort of like winter, but rather than wet and cold conditions, you’d be putting up with heat.
Spring can also be good for roof replacement services. While there's a chance it can still be wet and rather unpredictable, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a good roof is because it provides security for your home, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that offers protection for your entire home. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. This means if your roof is in poor condition, your home could develop some leaks, which can lead to other issues.
Your roof also does so much for your curb appeal. Because it’s such an essential part of your home, a roof in good condition shows a great deal of stability. If you were looking to sell, a home buyer would be much more excited about your home if it has a strong, stable roof protecting it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient house delights anyone. It means your energy bills are lower and that your house keeps a consistent temperature.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies near Bendena, Kansas
You can depend on Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Bendena, Kansas. Our streamlined platform gives you all the convenience you need, which means you can search through a range of profiles and come up with some options. We help with the vetting process by providing you useful information to detailed customer reviews, pricing, background, and more. Begin your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair company here on Thumbtack and find the right professional for your project.
It's important to have a roof you can count on for your house at any time during the year. For a secure house with a roof made to last, you can find the best roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors through Thumbtack.
For the most part you'll know when you need to reach out to a roofing maintenance company, but here are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- Age: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years, so if you think your roof is older than that, you may want to call a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and requires attention immediately. An established roof repair company can remediate the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters while examining your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing lets water get to the sealed joints. Contact a roofing company to fix deteriorating, missing, or faulty flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs attention. Roofing maintenance services will identify deteriorated shingles and provide top-notch repairs to avoid leaks from causing more damage.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you an easy option to find the best professionals to address your roofing needs. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is made easier through our platform.