Find a roofer in Arkansas City, Kansas
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a good roof is because it provides security for your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that provides protection for the rest of your house. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, you could experience leaks in your home, which can lead to other problems.
Your roof also contributes to your property value. Because it’s such a fundamental part of your home, a roof in good condition illustrates a great deal of stability. If you were looking to sell, a home buyer would be thrilled about your home if it has a solid, stable roof protecting it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient home delights anyone. It means your energy bills are lower and that your home keeps a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the size of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors to think about. The typical roof for a residential property is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so usually, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Storms will make working conditions less than ideal and this is going to push out the timeline. If bad weather is expected to happen during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is another thing that you should think about. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor can estimate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are strong and do a great job of protecting your home in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any residential property.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They normally have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can always purchase higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential homes and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a smart idea to get routine inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your home, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors in Arkansas City, Kansas
Thumbtack is the perfect home management platform that helps you hire roofing repair and roofing replacement professionals in Arkansas City, Kansas. See what experiences other customers have had, talk directly with the roofing replacement contractor you’re interested in, book an appointment, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
Our site also puts together a wealth of information to help you prior to browsing through our network of vetted roofing companies.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to reach out to a roofing replacement or roofing repair contractor, but listed below are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- Age: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years, so if you know your roof is older than that, you may want to call a roofer to come inspect it.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a roofer immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can cause serious problems. Quality roofing repairs will resolve the problem and avoid replacement services.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a promising sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters in addition to inspecting your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles should be replaced by a roofer. Regular inspections will also help you address problems like this and avoid leaks.
Find a company that can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement a streamlined and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the company you want, then it's just requesting a estimate and setting up an appointment to get your roof in order.