Find a roofer in Alma, Kansas
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time that is needed to replace a roof really depends on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors involved. The average residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in Alma, KS. Bad weather will make working conditions unpleasant and this is going to push out the timeline. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to complete.
The style of your roof is an important factor that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement specialist can approximate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are durable and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any residential property.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do require maintenance more often than the more expensive options. They usually have a 15-20 year warranty. But you can always get top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential homes and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a good choice to get consistent inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a defensive barrier for your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to narrow down how much a roof replacement is going to cost you because there are several factors that will determine the overall cost. Typically, replacing your roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the products being used. The price of your new roof will be calculated by the products you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be tricky if your roof is more complex because you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing specialist can be of assistance. They’ll be able to determine the measurements of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the price of your roof.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies in Alma, KS
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing maintenance services in Alma, KS. Our user-friendly site gives you all the convenience you need, so you can look through dozens of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We assist in the hiring process by providing you useful information to in-depth customer reviews, pricing, years in business, and more. Begin your search for a roofing maintenance company on the app and find the best professional for your project.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is needed to keep their property in a favorable condition. It’s best to keep on top of repairs to avoid having to pay the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Routine inspections can help you keep up with any damage before it gets worse and allows you to prolong the lifespan of your roof. So, how do you know it's necessary to get a licensed, roofing maintenance contractor to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, such as:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of your roof leaking. A professional roofer can fix the issue as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood used for decking can warp or bend under pressure.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing repair specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is roof cement you may want a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, curled, or missing shingles should be swapped out with new ones by a roofer. Routine repair services will help you address issues like this and avoid leaks.
Find a company that can make your roofing maintenance an easy and satisfactory process. When you’ve found the company you want, then it's just getting your estimate and scheduling an appointment to get your roof in order.