Find a roofer in Marion, Indiana
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What is the best season for roofing jobs?
Despite what season it is, you can contact a roofer for roofing services. However, fall is the most popular time of year have your roof serviced. But because it is a popular time for roofing services, it can be difficult to schedule time with a professional. This means that winter could be a better time for services.
A lot of roofers have more down time during the winter, but you could have more delays because of erratic weather conditions. And summer has the same issue as winter, but rather than wet and cold conditions, you’d be putting up with heat.
Spring can also be good for roofing services. Even though the weather can still be wet and rather unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be repaired.
How much do most roofers charge per square foot?
Roofing services can approximately $4 to $40 per square foot, and this will account for the labor and materials. Needless to say, the cost per square foot will change depending on what materials are being used for the job.
What is the usual period of time to rebuild a roof?
The amount of time that is needed for a roofer to do a replacement really depends on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also many other things to think about. The average roof for a residence is about 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofer can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Poor weather will make working conditions unpleasant and this is going to push out the timeline. If bad weather is supposed to happen during your replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is another factor that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roofer will be able to approximate a timeline for the project.
When is a roof inspection needed?
Many roofers suggest biannual inspections for your roof, and the reason why is because routine inspections have been proven to make your roof last longer. Another thing to think about is, by not having a roofing inspection done, any warranty you have could be waived.
Roofing Maintenance Contractors near Marion, IN
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement site that helps you hire roofing replacement and roofing repair companies in Marion, IN. See what other customers have to say, talk directly with the roofing repair contractor you’re interested in, get a quote, and pay all from one convenient app.
Our platform also compiles a wealth of information to help you before you start browsing through our database of vetted roofing companies.
Regularly, scheduled checkups can help you keep up with any damage before it degrades any further and allows you to prolong the lifespan of your roof. How can you tell it's necessary to get a licensed, roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, including:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years, so if you think your roof is older than that, it might be time to contact a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get repairs at once if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can lead to serious problems. Quality roofing repairs will resolve the issue and avoid replacement services.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they've deteriorated, you may get some leakage.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to protect joints and prevent water. Contact a roofing repair contractor to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles should be swapped out with new ones by a professional. Routine maintenance services will help you address problems like this and prevent leaks.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you an easy solution to hire the best companies for roofing replacement and roofing repair services. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the job is made easier through our app.