Find a roofer in Zion, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are durable and do a fantastic job of protecting your home while being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look good on any house.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can always get higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential spaces and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a wise idea to get consistent inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a protective barrier for your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
Even though you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year to get roof replacement services. But because it is a good time for roof replacements, it can be difficult to schedule time with a professional. This is why winter could be a more convenient time to schedule.
A lot of professionals who specialize in roofing are slow during the winter, but you could be putting up with more erratic weather. And summer is similar to winter, but instead of wet and cold conditions, you’d be putting up with hot temperatures.
Spring is also not a terrible time for roof replacement services. Even though the weather can still be wet and rather unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a good roof is because it protects your home, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that provides protection for the rest of your property. It defends against harsh weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, you could get leaks in your home, and this can cause other problems.
Your roof also does a lot for your curb appeal. Because it’s such an important part of your home, a roof in good condition demonstrates a great deal of stability. If you were to sell, a home buyer would be enthusiastic about your home if it has a solid, stable roof protecting it.
Finally, everyone is content with an energy efficient home. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your home maintains a consistent temperature.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Zion, IllinoisHome // Illinois // Zion
Roofing Maintenance Services near Zion, IL
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement platform that helps you connect with roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors in Zion, IL. See what other customers have to say, communicate directly with the roofing maintenance contractor want to hire, book an appointment, and pay all from one convenient app.
It's important to have a a structure over your head that you can depend on throughout any season. For a safe home with a roof made to last, you can find the best roofing replacement and roofing repair companies through Thumbtack.
For the most part you'll know when you need to call in a roofing repair or roofing replacement contractor, but listed below are some other things to take into account:
- Age: Approximately 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts. If you know your roof is older than that, you may want to contact a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get immediate repairs if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can cause worse problems. Roofing repairs done by a professional will resolve the issue and prevent the need for replacement services.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is built to let snow and rain stream through the valleys and into your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you could experience some leaks.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
It's unnecessary to put up with a damaged roof when there are so many qualified contractors ready to assist. With our easy-to-use platform, you can get the best roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Zion, IL. Get the roofing services you need for your home now.