Find a roofer in Worden, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a good roof is because it provides security for your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that offers protection for your entire property. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof is in poor condition, your home could develop some leaks, which can lead to other problems.
Your roof also contributes to your property value. Because it’s such a fundamental component of your home, a roof in good condition illustrates a reliable property. If you were looking to sell, a buyer would be enthusiastic about your home if it has a solid, durable roof over it.
Lastly, everyone is delighted with an energy efficient home. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your home maintains a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time it takes to replace a roof is dependent on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also many other factors to consider. The typical residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Storms will make working conditions less than ideal and this can really delay the project. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to get done.
The layout of your roof is an important thing that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist will be able to estimate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are reliable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any house.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They normally have a 15-20 year warranty. But you can always buy higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the likelihood of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential houses and these usually have a 15-20 year warranty. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a wise idea to get routine inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies near Worden, IL
Thumbtack is the perfect home management platform that helps you connect with roofing replacement and roofing repair companies in Worden, IL. See what other customers have to say, talk directly with the roofing repair company you’re interested in, get a quote, and more all from one convenient app.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is always required to keep their property in a favorable condition. It’s smart to keep on top of repairs to avoid having to pay an expensive roof replacement.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to call in a roofing replacement or roofing repair company, but listed below are some other things to consider about your roof:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are indicative of your roof leaking. A professional roofer can fix the issue right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and needs to be attended to. An established roof repair company can fix the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to let snow and rain flow through the valleys and into your gutters. When there are shingles missing or they've deteriorated, you may get some leakage.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and stop water. A roofing contractor can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent water leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are cracked, curled, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs to be looked at. A roof inspection will identify worn-out shingles and provide top-notch repairs to prevent leaks from causing more damage.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with an easy option to hire the best professionals to address your roofing needs. No matter if you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is streamlined through our platform.