Find a roofer in Woodstock, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are strong and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any house.
Asphalt shingles do require some attention more often than the more pricier materials. They normally have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can always purchase higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the probability of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential houses and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. When the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a wise idea to get regular inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this usually means you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a defensive barrier for your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
Even though you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year to get roof replacement services. Since it is a good time for these services, it can be difficult to book time with a professional. This means that winter could be a better time for services.
Many roofing companies have more down time during the winter, but you could be putting up with more severe weather conditions. Summer is kind of like winter, but rather than wet and cold conditions, you’d be putting up with hot temperatures.
Spring is also not a terrible time for roof replacement services. Even though there's a chance it can still be wet and partially uncertain, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a good roof is so important is because it protects your property, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that offers security for the rest of your property. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. This means if your roof is in bad condition, your home could develop some leaks, and this can lead to other issues.
Your roof also does a lot for your property value. Because it’s such a fundamental component of your property, a well-maintained roof shows a great deal of stability. If you were looking to sell, a buyer would be enthusiastic about your property if it has a solid, stable roof over it.
Finally, having an energy efficient house delights anyone. It means your utility bills are lower and that your house keeps a consistent temperature.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Woodstock, IllinoisHome // Illinois // Woodstock
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies in Woodstock, Illinois
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing maintenance services in Woodstock, Illinois. Our streamlined platform is easy to navigate, which means you can search through dozens of profiles and come up with some options. We facilitate the hiring process by giving you access to ratings, pricing information, experience, and more. Start your search for a roofing maintenance company on the app and hire the right candidate for your project.
Our platform also puts together a wealth of information to help you before you start sifting through our database of vetted roofing professionals.
Are you looking for roofing maintenance services? Aside from having leaks or other glaring problems, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a smart decision.
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are a sign of your roof leaking. A good roofing contractor can fix the issue right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get immediate repairs if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can cause serious issues. Professional roofing repairs will resolve the problem and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters in addition to inspecting your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is roof cement you may want a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, curled, or missing shingles should be swapped out with new ones by a roofer. Routine inspections will also help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you a convenient way to hire the right professionals to address your roofing needs. Whether you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the job is streamlined through our platform.