Find a roofer in Woodridge, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Woodridge, IllinoisRoofing // Illinois // Woodridge
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What is the best season for roofing jobs?
Even though you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year have your roof serviced. But because it is a popular time for roofing services, it can be a challenge to book time with a contractor. This means that waiting later in the year could be a better time to schedule.
A lot of roofers have more down time during the winter, but you could have more delays because of severe weather conditions. And summer has the same issue as winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be putting up with high heat.
Spring can also be good for roofing services. Even though the weather can still be wet and somewhat unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be repaired.
What is the common price per square foot that roofing contractors charge?
Roofing services can hover around $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the labor and materials. Of course, the cost factor will change depending on what materials are being used for the job.
What's the timeframe for a roofing contractor to replace a roof?
The amount of time that is needed for a roofer to do a replacement is dependent on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors to consider. The typical residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you should take into account is the projected weather in your area. Storms will put a damper on work and this is going to stall the job. If this is going on during your replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to complete.
The layout of your roof is another factor that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roofer can come up with a timeline for the project.
What is the recommended timing for booking a roof inspection?
Many roofers recommend biannual roof inspections since routine inspections are the best things to increase the longevity of your roof. Something to consider is, by not having an evaluation done, any warranty you have could be waived.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors in Woodridge, IL
If you need to hire a roofing repair or roofing replacement contractor in Woodridge, IL, then our platform is your best resource. The roofing companies you'll discover on Thumbtack have the qualifications you’re searching for. You can find the best roofing contractor who takes extra measures in making sure that the finest customer service is implemented and that you get quality services on your roof replacement.
Our app also collects useful data to help you before you start browsing through our network of qualified roofing professionals.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to get in touch with a roofing repair or roofing replacement company, but here are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are a sign of a leaky roof. A professional roofing contractor can make repairs as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get immediate repairs if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can cause worse issues. Roofing repairs done by an expert will remediate the issue and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find excessive granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- Broken flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or faulty flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If you notice a few of them are discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
Find a company that can make your roofing maintenance an easy process. Once you’ve found the contractor you want, then it's just getting your quote and setting up an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.