Find a roofer in Woodridge, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a quality roof is because it provides security for your property, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that provides protection for the rest of your home. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof is in poor condition, you could have some leaks in your home, which can lead to other problems.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your property value. Since it’s such an important component of your property, a well-maintained roof illustrates a great deal of stability. If you were looking to sell, a home buyer would be much more excited about your property if it has a solid, stable roof over it.
Finally, everyone is delighted with an energy efficient property. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your house keeps a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also many other factors to think about. The typical residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so on average, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into account is the projected weather in your area. Storms will make working conditions unpleasant and this is going to extend the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is an important factor that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist can approximate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most affordable solution for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are durable and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any residential property.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the probability of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential spaces and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. When your roof is around this age, it’s a good choice to get routine inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your property, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Woodridge, IllinoisHome // Illinois // Woodridge
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies near Woodridge, Illinois
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management platform that helps you find roofing maintenance companies in Woodridge, Illinois. See what other customers have to say, talk directly with the roofing maintenance company you’re interested in, get a quote, and more all from one convenient app.
Our platform also collects a wealth of information to help you before you start sifting through our database of vetted roofing professionals.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to call in a roofing maintenance professional, but listed below are some other things to take into account:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years. If you think your roof has been around for longer, you may want to call a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get repairs immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can lead to worse problems. Quality roofing repairs will resolve the problem and avoid a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys and into your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, warped, or missing shingles should be swapped out with new ones by an expert. Regular repair services will help you address problems like this and avoid leaks.
No one should put up with a dilapidated roof when there are so many qualified roofers available to help. With our streamlined platform, you can get quality roofing maintenance services in Woodridge, Illinois. Get the premium roofing services you need for your property today.