Find a roofer in Wood River, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
When during the year is good for roofing services?
Despite what time of year it is, you can get in touch with a roofer for roofing services. However, fall is the most popular time of year for any type of roofing service. Since it is a common time for roofing services, it can be difficult to book time with a roofer. This means that waiting until winter could be a more convenient time for an appointment.
Many professionals who specialize in roofing are slow during the colder months, but you could be dealing with more severe weather conditions. And summer has the same issue as winter, but rather than wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring can also be good for roofing services. While there's a chance it can still be wet and partially uncertain, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be repaired.
What is the usual rate roofing professionals charge per square foot?
Services for your roof can be between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the labor and materials. Needless to say, the cost per square foot will change depending on what materials are being used for the job.
What is the typical duration for a roof rebuild?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofing contractor really depends on the size of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things involved. The typical roof for a residential property is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofer can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you need to take into account is the weather report in your area. Storms will make working conditions unpleasant and this can really postpone the job. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to complete.
The layout of your roof is an important factor that you should consider. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roofer will be able to estimate the hours for the project.
When is the best time to set up a roof inspection?
Many roofing contractors advise getting twice-yearly roof inspections, and the reason why is because routine check-ups have been proven to increase the longevity of your roof. Another thing to think about is, by not getting a roofing inspection done, the warranty on your roof could be waived.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors in Wood River, Illinois
When you need to hire a roofing repair or roofing replacement company in Wood River, Illinois, there's a convenient way to find them. The roofing professionals you'll discover on Thumbtack have the skills and qualifications you’re searching for. You can find someone who takes extra measures in making sure that the best customer service is provided and that you get quality services on your roofing maintenance.
It's important to have a roof you can count on for your house throughout any season. For a secure home with a roof made to last, you can hire the best roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors through Thumbtack.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to get in touch with a roofing repair or roofing replacement professional, but here are some other aspects to take into account:
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of your roof leaking. A professional roofing contractor can fix the issue right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and needs to be attended to. A roofing repair company can fix the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing repair contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and stop water. A roofing contractor can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs attention. Roofing maintenance services will identify worn-out shingles and provide timely repairs to prevent leaks from causing further damage.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you an easy option to hire the right contractors to address your roofing needs. Whether you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is streamlined through our app.