Find a roofer in Winnetka, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a quality roof is because it protects your home, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the protective barrier for your entire property. It blocks out harsh weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, you could get leaks in your home, and this can lead to other problems.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your property value. Because it’s such a fundamental part of your home, a roof in good condition demonstrates a great deal of stability. If you were looking to sell, a buyer would be enthusiastic about your home if it has a solid, stable roof protecting it.
Lastly, everyone is happy with an energy efficient home. It means your utility bills are lower and that your house maintains a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time it takes to replace a roof is dependent on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also many other factors to consider. The average residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you need to take into account is the projected weather in Winnetka, IL. Storms will put a damper on work and this is going to extend the timeline. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to finish.
The complexity of your roof is an important factor that you should think about. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist will be able to estimate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most affordable solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are strong and serve the purpose of protecting your home while being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look good on any residential property.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They normally have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can also purchase higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the possibility of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential homes and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a good choice to get routine inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this usually means you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire home, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Winnetka, IllinoisHome // Illinois // Winnetka
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors near Winnetka, IL
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management platform that helps you connect with roofing replacement and roofing repair professionals in Winnetka, IL. See what others have to say, communicate directly with the roofing replacement contractor want to hire, schedule an appointment, and pay all from one convenient app.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is always required so that their property stays in good condition. It’s smart to keep on top of repairs to avoid having to pay the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Do you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services? With the exception of leakage or other obvious problems, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a wise choice.
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of a leaky roof. A good roofing contractor can fix the issue as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a roofer immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can cause serious problems. Roofing repairs done by an expert will resolve the problem and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there are shingles missing or they've deteriorated, you may get some leakage.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Contact a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or faulty flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs an inspection. A roof inspection will identify damaged shingles and provide first-rate repairs to avoid leaks from doing further damage.
Find someone who can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair an easy and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the company you want, then it's just requesting a quote and scheduling an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.