Find a roofer in Wilmington, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the size of your roof, but there are also many other factors involved. The average residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you should take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Bad weather will make working conditions terrible and this is going to stall the project. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to finish.
The complexity of your roof is an important thing that you should think about. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement specialist will be able to estimate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most affordable solution for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are durable and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any home.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to purchase higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the possibility of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential homes and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a smart idea to get routine inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a great barrier for your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to narrow down how much a roof replacement is going to cost you since there are several factors that will influence the overall cost. Mostly, replacing your roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the project and the materials used. The cost of your new roof will be calculated by the materials you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be difficult if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing contractor can be of assistance. They’ll be able to figure out the measurements of your roof and give you a better estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Wilmington, IllinoisHome // Illinois // Wilmington
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services in Wilmington, IL
You can count on Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Wilmington, IL. Our user-friendly site is easy to navigate, so you can look through a range of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We facilitate the hiring process by giving you useful information to detailed customer reviews, pricing information, experience, and more. Start your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor here on Thumbtack and find the right candidate for the job.
Our site also compiles a wealth of information to help you prior to sifting through our database of vetted roofing professionals.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to reach out to a roofing replacement or roofing repair contractor, but listed below are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- Age: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years. If you know your roof is older than that, it might be time to call a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and needs attention at once. A roofing repair contractor can remediate the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is built to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys and into your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may want a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more extensive damages.
Hire someone who can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair an easy process. Once you’ve found the right candidate, it’s just a matter of requesting a estimate and setting up an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.