Find a roofer in Wilmette, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Roofing Repair & Replacement Professionals nearRoof Repair and Maintenance // Illinois // Wilmette
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
When during the year is good for a roofing project?
No matter what time of year it is, you can call a roofing professional for roofing services. However, fall is the most common time of year have your roof serviced. Since it is a popular time for roofing services, it can be difficult to book time with a professional. This is why winter could be a better time to schedule.
Many roofing contractors are slow during the winter, but you could have more delays because of erratic weather. Summer is sort of like winter, but rather than being cold, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring can also be good for roofing services. While there's a chance it can still be wet and partially uncertain, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be repaired.
How much should I expect to pay per square foot for a roofing expert's services?
Services for your roof can be between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the materials being used and the labor. Of course, the overall cost will change with the products that are being used for the job.
What is the normal duration for a roof rebuild?
The amount of time that is needed for a roofing contractor to do a replacement really depends on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also many other things to consider. The typical roof for a residential property is around 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so usually, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in Wilmette, Illinois. Poor weather will make working conditions less than ideal and this can really postpone the project. If bad weather is expected to happen during your replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to get done.
The layout of your roof is another thing that you should think about. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roofing professional can approximate a timeline for the project.
When should I get a roof inspection?
Many roofers suggest biannual inspections for your roof, and the reason why is because regular check-ups have been proven to increase the longevity of your roof. Something to consider is, by not getting a roofing evaluation done, any warranty you have could be voided.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors near Wilmette, Illinois
You can look to Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Wilmette, Illinois. Our user-friendly platform is easy to navigate, which means you can search through various profiles and easily narrow down your options. We help with the vetting process by providing you useful information to in-depth customer reviews, pricing, background, and more. Start your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair company on the app and find the right candidate for your project.
Our platform also puts together a wealth of information to help you prior to sifting through our network of vetted roofing professionals.
Regularly, scheduled checkups can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and allows you to prolong the lifespan of your roof. So, how can you tell it's necessary to get roofing replacement and roofing repair services? You may notice certain things to look out for, such as:
- Age: Approximately 20-25 years is expected of a roof, so if you know your roof has been around for longer, you may want to contact a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a contractor immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can cause serious issues. Roofing repairs done by an expert will remediate the problem and avoid a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters in addition to examining your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing lets water get to the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or damaged flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are ripped, curled, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs an inspection. Roofing maintenance services will identify deteriorated shingles and provide quality repairs to avoid leaks from causing further damage.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you a convenient way to find the right professionals to address your roofing needs. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is made easier through our platform.