Find a roofer in White Hall, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time that is needed to replace a roof really depends on the size of your roof, but there are also many other factors to think about. The typical residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you need to take into account is the projected weather in White Hall, Illinois. Poor weather will make working conditions unpleasant and this is going to push out the timeline. If a storm is expected to happen during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to finish.
The style of your roof is another thing that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional can approximate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most affordable materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are reliable and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any home.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They normally have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to buy higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential houses and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. If your roof is around this age, it’s a smart idea to get routine inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a defensive barrier for your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to come up with an exact amount on how much a new roof is going to come out to since there are a few factors that will influence the total cost. Commonly, replacing your roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the job and the materials used. The price of your roof replacement will be calculated by the materials you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be tricky if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to account for various angles. Here's how a roofing contractor can be of assistance. They’ll be able to figure out the measurements of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors in White Hall, Illinois
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management site that helps you find roofing replacement and roofing repair professionals in White Hall, Illinois. See what experiences other people have had, talk directly with the roofing maintenance contractor want to hire, book an appointment, and more all from one convenient app.
Our site also puts together a wealth of information to help you before you start browsing through our network of vetted roofing contractors.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to reach out to a roofing repair or roofing replacement company, but listed below are some other aspects to consider about your roof:
- Age: Approximately 20-25 years is expected of a roof. If you think your roof has been around for longer, you may want to contact a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a critical issue and requires attention at once. A roofing repair contractor can fix the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a good sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters while inspecting your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing lets water get to the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or faulty flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are cracked, curled, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs attention. Roofing maintenance services will identify damaged shingles and provide timely repairs to avoid leaks from doing further damage.
Hire a company that can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair an easy and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the right candidate, then it's just requesting a estimate and setting up an appointment to get your roof in order.