Find a roofer in Wheeling, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Roofing Repair & Replacement Professionals nearRoof Repair and Maintenance // Illinois // Wheeling
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
When should I schedule to get roofing services performed?
No matter what season it is, you can get roofing services. However, fall is the most common time of year have your roof serviced. Since it is a common time for roofing services, it can be a challenge to schedule time with a contractor. This is why winter could be an easier time for an appointment.
A lot of roofers are slow during the winter, but you could have more delays because of erratic weather conditions. And summer is similar to winter, but rather than wet and cold conditions, you’d be putting up with heat.
Spring can also be good for roofing services. While the weather can still be wet and rather unpredictable, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be uncovered.
What is the typical rate roofing contractors charge per square foot?
Roofing services can be between $4 to $40 per square foot, and this will account for the labor and materials. Needless to say, the overall cost will differ with the products that are being used for your project.
What's the estimated time needed for building a new roof?
The amount of time it takes for a roofer to do a replacement will be based on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also many other factors to think about. The typical roof for a house is about 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofer can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Storms will put a stop to work and this is going to stall the project. If this is going on during your replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to get done.
The layout of your roof is another factor that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roofing professional will be able to come up with a timeline for the job.
When is the best time to set up my roof evaluated?
Many roofing professionals advise getting twice-yearly inspections for your roof, and the reason why is because regular check-ups have been proven to increase the longevity of your roof. Another thing to think about is, by not getting a roofing inspection done, the warranty on your roof could be voided.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors in Wheeling, IL
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement platform that helps you find roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors in Wheeling, IL. See what experiences other people have had, communicate directly with the roofing maintenance company you’re interested in, get a quote, and pay all from one convenient app.
It's important to have a a structure over your head that you can depend on at any time during the year. For a secure house with a roof designed to last, you can find the best roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors through Thumbtack.
Are you looking for roofing replacement and roofing repair services? With the exception of having leaks or other obvious issues, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a smart choice.
- Age: Approximately 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts, so if you think your roof is older than that, you may want to call a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and needs immediate attention. A roofing repair company can remediate the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing repair contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing lets water get to the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or faulty flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are ripped, curled, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs attention. Roofing maintenance services will identify worn-out shingles and provide quality repairs to avoid leaks from causing further damage.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you a hassle-free way to find the right professionals for roofing replacement and roofing repair services. Whether you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is made easier through our platform.