Find a roofer in Wheaton, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a stable roof is because it protects your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the protective barrier for the rest of your house. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. So if your roof is in poor condition, you could have some leaks in your home, and this can cause other problems.
Your roof also does a lot for your curb appeal. Because it’s such a fundamental part of your property, a well-maintained roof demonstrates a great deal of stability. If you were to sell, a home buyer would be thrilled about your property if it has a solid, durable roof over it.
Lastly, everyone is content with an energy efficient home. It means your energy bills are lower and that your home maintains a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the measurements of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors to consider. The typical residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into account is the weather forecast in Wheaton, Illinois. Bad weather will make working conditions terrible and this is going to push out the timeline. If a storm is expected to take place during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to get done.
The layout of your roof is another factor that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement contractor will be able to come up with the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are strong and do a great job of protecting your property while being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any home.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They usually have a 15-20 year warranty. But you can also purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the probability of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential spaces and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. If the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a smart choice to get regular inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this does mean you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a defensive barrier for the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Wheaton, IllinoisHome // Illinois // Wheaton
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies near Wheaton, Illinois
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Wheaton, Illinois. Our streamlined app gives you all the convenience you need, so you can look through dozens of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We assist in the vetting process by providing you useful information to detailed customer reviews, pricing, years in business, and more. Start your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair company here on Thumbtack and hire the best candidate for the job.
It's crucial to have a roof you can depend on for your house throughout any season. For a secure home with a roof designed to last, you can hire the best roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors through Thumbtack.
Are you looking for roofing replacement and roofing repair services? Apart from leakage or other glaring issues, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a smart decision.
- The Age of Your Roof: In general, 20-25 years is expected of a roof. If you know your roof is older than that, you may want to contact a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood that make your roof can warp or bend over time.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing repair specialist will keep your gutters clean and functioning properly.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs an inspection. Roofing maintenance services will identify damaged shingles and provide timely repairs to avoid leaks from doing further damage.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you an easy option to hire the right contractors for roofing replacement and roofing repair services. No matter if you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the process is made easier with our platform.