Find a roofer in Westville, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most affordable materials for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are strong and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any home.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They normally have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can always purchase higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential spaces and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. If the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a wise idea to get regular inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your property, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year for a roof replacement. Since it is a good time for roof replacements, it can be difficult to book time with a contractor. This is why winter could be a more convenient time to schedule.
Many roofing contractors have more down time during the colder months, but you could have more delays because of erratic weather conditions. And summer is similar to winter, but instead of wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring can also be good for roof replacement services. Even though the weather can still be wet and rather uncertain, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a quality roof is so important is because it protects your property, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that offers security for your entire home. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, and this can cause other problems.
Your roof also does so much for your curb appeal. Because it’s such an essential part of your property, a roof in good condition demonstrates a great deal of stability. In a situation where you are selling, a buyer would be thrilled about your property if it has a solid, stable roof over it.
Finally, having an energy efficient home makes anyone happy. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your home maintains a consistent temperature.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Westville, IllinoisHome // Illinois // Westville
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services in Westville, Illinois
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management platform that helps you hire roofing replacement and roofing repair professionals in Westville, Illinois. See what experiences other people have had, communicate directly with the roofing replacement contractor want to hire, get an estimate, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
Our site also collects a wealth of information to help you prior to sifting through our network of vetted roofing contractors.
Routine inspections can help you keep up with any damage before it gets worse and allows you to extend the life of your roof. How can you tell when you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services? You may notice certain things to look out for, including:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are a sign of a leaky roof. A professional roofer can fix the issue as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a critical issue and requires attention at once. An established roof repair contractor can remediate the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters in addition to checking up on your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is roof cement you may want a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't undergo more extensive damages.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with a hassle-free solution to hire the best contractors for roofing replacement and roofing repair services. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is made easier with our app.