Find a roofer in Western Springs, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time it takes to replace a roof will be based on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things involved. The typical residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you should take into account is the weather forecast in your area. Storms will put a stop to work and this is going to push out the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to get done.
The style of your roof is an important thing that you should think about. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional can estimate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are reliable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any house.
Asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more pricier products. They normally have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can always buy higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential homes and these usually have a 15-20 year warranty. If the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a good idea to get routine inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to narrow down how much a roof replacement is going to cost you because there are a few things that will influence the total cost. Typically, a new roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the materials used. The price of your roof replacement will be factored by the materials you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be difficult if your roof is more intricate because you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing specialist can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to figure out the measurements of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Western Springs, IllinoisHome // Illinois // Western Springs
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors near Western Springs, IL
If you need to hire a roofing maintenance contractor in Western Springs, IL, then our platform is the answer. The roofing experts featured on Thumbtack have the qualifications you’re looking for. You can find the best roofing contractor who takes extra measures in making sure that the finest customer service is provided and that you get quality services on your roof replacement.
Our site also compiles a wealth of information to help you prior to browsing through our network of qualified roofing professionals.
Do you need roofing maintenance services? Aside from leakage or other glaring problems, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a wise choice.
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are a sign of your roof leaking. A professional roofer can make repairs as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood used for decking can end up warping or are bending under pressure.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys and into your gutters. If there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you could experience some leaks.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and prevent water penetration. Contact a roofing maintenance contractor to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent water leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you a hassle-free solution to find the best professionals to address your roofing needs. Whether you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the job is streamlined with our app.