Find a roofer in Westchester, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Westchester, IllinoisRoofing // Illinois // Westchester
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What's the estimated time needed for building a new roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofer will be based on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also many other things involved. The average roof for a house is about 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so on average, a roofer can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the weather report in your area. Storms will put a stop to work and this can really stall the project. If a storm is supposed to happen during your replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to finish.
The complexity of your roof is another factor that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roofing contractor will be able to estimate a timeline for the project.
What is the appropriate time to schedule a roof inspection?
Most roofing professionals suggest biannual inspections for your roof, and the reason why is because regular check-ups are the best things to make your roof last longer. Another thing to think about is, by not getting a roofing evaluation done, any warranty you have could be voided.
What is the typical cost of replacement services from a roofer?
It’s challenging to come up with a precise amount on how much a new roof is going to come out to because there are a few things that will influence the overall cost. Mostly, replacing your roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the project and the materials used. The cost of your roof replacement will be determined by the materials you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be tricky if your roof is more intricate because you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing expert can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to determine the measurements of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
How much is a roofer's rate to repair a roof top?
Concerning the condition of your roof, you're either looking at major or minor repairs. Minor maintenance will range anywhere from $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to do the minor stuff on their own, but if you’re not certain of how to do them or you’re worried about your safety, then you should leave those minor fixes to the professionals.
Any repairs that are major call for the attention of a professional and they are going to be more expensive. You can expect major roofing repairs to range from $1,500 to $7,000.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors in Westchester, Illinois
When you need roofing maintenance services in Westchester, Illinois, there's no easier way to go about it. The roofing professionals you'll discover on Thumbtack have the skills and qualifications you’re searching for. You can find the right candidate who takes the effort to make sure that the finest customer service is put in place and that you get quality services on your roofing repairs.
Our platform also puts together a wealth of information to help you prior to sifting through our database of vetted roofing contractors.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to call in a roofing maintenance company, but listed below are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- Leaking: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are indicative of your roof leaking. A professional roofing contractor can make repairs right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and requires attention at once. An established roof repair contractor can fix the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules in your gutters from your shingles, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar or roof cement you may want a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs attention. A roof inspection will identify damaged shingles and provide quality repairs to prevent leaks from causing more damage.
It's unnecessary to deal with a damaged roof when there are so many professional contractors available to help. With our user-friendly platform, you can get quality roofing maintenance services in Westchester, Illinois. Find the right contractor for your house today.