Find a roofer in Westchester, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Roofing Repair & Replacement Professionals nearRoof Repair and Maintenance // Illinois // Westchester
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
How long does it typically take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofer is dependent on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things to consider. The typical roof for a residential property is about 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so generally speaking, a roofer can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into account is the projected weather in Westchester, IL. Poor weather will make working conditions less than ideal and this can really delay the project. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is an important factor that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofer is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roofing contractor will be able to estimate a timeline for the project.
When should I get a roof inspection?
Most roofing contractors recommend twice-yearly inspections for your roof since regular check-ups are the best things to increase the longevity of your roof. Another thing to consider is, by not getting an inspection done, the warranty on your roof could be voided.
How do roofers typically charge for their services for roof replacement?
It’s challenging to know exactly how much a new roof is going to come out to because there are a few things that will establish the total cost. Typically, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the project and the products being used. The price of your roof replacement will be factored by the products you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be hard if your roof is more intricate because you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing specialist can be of assistance. They’ll be able to figure out the square footage of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
What cost can be expected for roof maintenance services?
When it comes to the condition of your roof, your needs can be classified into two categories: minor maintenance or major repair. A little bit of maintenance will range anywhere from $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to take care of minor stuff themselves, but if you’re not certain of how to do them or you’re concerned about your safety, then you should contact an expert.
Major repairs do require experience and they are going to cost more. You can expect major roofing repairs to range from $1,500 to $7,000.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services in Westchester, IL
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement platform that helps you hire roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors in Westchester, IL. See what other customers have to say, talk directly with the roofing repair company you’re interested in, get an estimate, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
Our app also collects useful data to help you prior to sifting through our database of licensed roofing professionals.
Routine appointments can help you keep up with any damage before it degrades any further and lets you extend the life of your roof. So, how do you know when you need a licensed, roofing replacement and roofing repair company to come out to your home? You may notice certain things to look out for, including:
- Age: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years. If you know your roof is older than that, it might be time to call a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a roofer immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can lead to worse problems. Professional roofing repairs will resolve the issue and avoid a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance specialist will keep your gutters clean and functioning properly.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and prevent water. Contact a roofing maintenance company to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent water leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs an inspection. Roofing maintenance services will identify deteriorated shingles and provide top-notch repairs to prevent leaks from causing further damage.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you a hassle-free option to hire the best professionals for roofing replacement and roofing repair services. Whether you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the process is streamlined with our platform.