Find a roofer in Westchester, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a good roof is so important is because it provides security for your home, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the protective barrier for your entire property. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, you could get leaks in your home, which can cause other issues.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your property value. Because it’s such an essential component of your home, a roof in good condition demonstrates a great deal of stability. In a situation where you are selling, a home buyer would be enthusiastic about your home if it has a solid, steady roof over it.
Finally, everyone is delighted with an energy efficient house. It means your utility bills are lower and that your house maintains a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things to consider. The typical roof for a residence is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so usually, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into account is the weather forecast in Westchester, IL. Bad weather will put a stop to work and this can really stall the job. If a storm is expected to take place during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to get done.
The style of your roof is another thing that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional can approximate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are reliable and do a great job of protecting your home while being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any home.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They normally have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to buy higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the possibility of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential homes and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. If your roof is around this age, it’s a smart choice to get consistent inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this indicates you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire home, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Westchester, IllinoisHome // Illinois // Westchester
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services in Westchester, IL
Thumbtack will make your search for roofing maintenance services more convenient in Westchester, IL. Our user-friendly platform gives you all the convenience you need, so you can look through a range of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We help with the hiring process by giving you access to detailed customer reviews, pricing, years in business, and more. Start your search for a roofing maintenance contractor on the app and find the best candidate for the job.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is needed so that their property remains in good condition. It’s smart to stay on top of repairs in order to prevent an expensive roof replacement.
Are you looking for roofing maintenance services? With the exception of having leaks or other obvious issues, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a smart decision.
- Age: In general, 20-25 years is expected of a roof, so if you think your roof is older than that, it might be time to contact a roofer to come check it out.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood that make your roof can end up warping or are bending under pressure.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters while examining your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and stop water. A roofer can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid water leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If a patch of them are very discolored, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
No one should put up with a run-down roof when there are so many qualified roofers ready to help. With our powerful platform, you can find the finest roofing maintenance services in Westchester, IL. Find the right contractor for your house right away.