Find a roofer in West Union, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
What's the approximate time needed for building a replacement roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofer will be based on the measurements of your roof, but there are also many other factors to think about. The average roof for a residential property is about 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so usually, a roofer can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into account is the projected weather in your area. Bad weather will put a damper on work and this is going to extend the timeline. If a storm is expected to happen during your replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to complete.
The style of your roof is an important factor that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roofer will be able to come up with the hours for the job.
What is a good time for booking a roof inspection?
The majority of roofers recommend twice-yearly inspections for your roof since routine inspections are the best things to increase the longevity of your roof. Something to think about is, by not getting an inspection done, the warranty on your roof could be voided.
What should I expect to pay a roofer for a roof replacement job?
It’s challenging to know exactly how much a new roof is going to come out to because there are several factors that will establish the overall cost. Usually, replacing your roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the materials used. The cost of your roof replacement will be determined by the materials you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be hard if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing specialist can be of assistance. They’ll be able to determine the square footage of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
What is the cost for fixing a roof?
In relation to the condition of your roof, your needs can be sorted into two categories: minor maintenance or major repair. Minor maintenance can cost about $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to take care of minor stuff on their own, but if you’re not certain of what to do or you’re worried about keeping safe, then you should reach out to a professional.
Major repairs do require specialized knowledge and they are going to be more expensive. You can anticipate your major repairs being in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
Roofing Maintenance Companies in West Union, IL
Thumbtack is the perfect home management site that helps you hire roofing replacement and roofing repair companies in West Union, IL. See what others have to say, talk directly with the roofing repair contractor you’re interested in, get an estimate, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
Our platform also collects a wealth of information to help you before you start browsing through our network of qualified roofing companies.
Regularly, scheduled inspections can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and lets you extend the lifespan of your roof. So, how do you know when you need a licensed, roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, such as:
- Leaking: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are indicative of your roof leaking. A good roofing contractor can make repairs right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a critical problem and requires immediate attention. A roofing repair contractor can remediate the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is built to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys and into your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you may get some leakage.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and prevent water penetration. A roofer can fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to avoid water leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs to be looked at. Roofing maintenance services will identify damaged shingles and provide quality repairs to avoid leaks from causing further damage.
No one should put up with a damaged roof when there are so many qualified contractors ready to assist. With our streamlined app, you can find quality roofing replacement and roofing repair services in West Union, IL. Get the roofing services you need for your house now.