Find a roofer in West Salem, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are strong and do a fantastic job of protecting your property while being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any residential property.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier products. They normally have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential homes and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. When the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a wise idea to get consistent inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this usually means you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a protective barrier for your entire property, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
Despite what season it is, you can contact a contractor for roof replacement services. However, fall is the most common time of year to get roof replacement services. But because it is a great time for roof replacements, it can be difficult to book time with a contractor. This is why winter could be an easier time for an appointment.
Many roofing contractors are slow during the winter, but you could have more delays because of severe weather. And summer is similar to winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be putting up with hot temperatures.
Spring can also be good for roof replacements. Even though there's a chance it can still be wet and rather unpredictable, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a stable roof is because it provides security for your property, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the defensive barrier for the rest of your house. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, you could experience leaks in your home, and this can lead to other problems.
Your roof also contributes to your property value. Since it’s such an important part of your property, a well-maintained roof shows a reliable property. In the circumstance where you are selling, a home buyer would be much more excited about your property if it has a strong, steady roof over it.
Finally, having an energy efficient home delights anyone. It means your utility bills are lower and that your home maintains a comfortable temperature.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies near West Salem, IL
Thumbtack will make your search for roofing maintenance services easy in West Salem, IL. Our user-friendly site gives you all the convenience you need, which means you can search through various profiles and easily narrow down your options. We assist in the hiring process by giving you access to ratings, pricing information, background, and more. Begin your search for a roofing maintenance contractor here on Thumbtack and hire the best candidate for your project.
Our site also collects a wealth of information to help you before you start sifting through our database of qualified roofing contractors.
Routine checkups can help you keep up with any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and lets you extend the life of your roof. How do you know when you need a licensed, roofing maintenance company to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, including:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years, so if you think your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to call a roofer to come check it out.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and needs immediate attention. An established roof repair company can fix the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules from your shingles in your gutters, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected will let you know if it's time for them to be replaced. If a patch of them are very discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you an easy solution to hire the right contractors for roofing maintenance services. Whether you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the process is streamlined through our app.