Find a roofer in Waukegan, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Waukegan, IllinoisRoofing // Illinois // Waukegan
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
During which time of the year should I book an appointment for roofing services?
No matter what time of year it is, you can get roofing services. However, fall is the most popular time of year for any type of roofing service. Since it is a good time for roofing services, it can be difficult to schedule time with a contractor. This means that waiting until winter could be an easier time for an appointment.
A lot of professionals who specialize in roofing have more down time during the colder months, but you could be dealing with more severe weather. And summer has the same issue as winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be dealing with heat.
Spring is also not a bad time for roofing services. Even though there's a chance it can still be wet and somewhat uncertain, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be repaired.
What is the average cost per square foot for roofing services?
Services for your roof can be between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the materials being used and the labor. Needless to say, the cost factor will change with the products that are being used for the job.
What's the estimated time needed for building a new roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofing contractor will be based on the size of your roof, however, there are also many other factors to consider. The average roof for a house is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so on average, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into account is the weather report in your area. Storms will make working conditions less than ideal and this will extend the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to get done.
The style of your roof is another thing that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofer is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roofing professional can approximate a timeline for the job.
At what time should I think about having a roof inspection conducted?
Most roofers recommend twice-yearly inspections for your roof since regular check-ups have been proven to increase the longevity of your roof. Another thing to think about is, by not having an evaluation done, the warranty on your roof could be waived.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services in Waukegan, Illinois
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement platform that helps you find roofing repair and roofing replacement companies in Waukegan, Illinois. See what experiences other people have had, talk directly with the roofing maintenance contractor you’re interested in, get an estimate, and more all from one convenient app.
Our platform also compiles useful data to help you before you start sifting through our database of vetted roofing professionals.
Regularly, scheduled checkups can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and lets you extend the lifespan of your roof. How can you tell when you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services? You may realize there are certain signs of wear including:
- The Age of Your Roof: Approximately 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts, so if you think your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to call a roofer to come inspect it.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get immediate repairs if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can cause serious issues. Roofing repairs done by an expert will resolve the issue and prevent the need for replacement services.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a promising sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters in addition to examining your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and prevent water. Contact a roofing repair company to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles can help you know if it's time for them to be replaced. If a patch of them are very discolored, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you a hassle-free option to find the right professionals for roofing repair and roofing replacement services. Whether you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is streamlined with our platform.