Find a roofer in Warrensburg, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the measurements of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things to consider. The typical roof for a house is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so normally, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into consideration is the weather forecast in Warrensburg, IL. Bad weather will make working conditions awful and this can really postpone the project. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to get done.
The layout of your roof is another thing that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement specialist will be able to approximate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are durable and serve the purpose of protecting your property in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any home.
However, asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more pricier products. They typically have a 15-20 year warranty. But you can also purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential homes and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. If the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a smart idea to get consistent inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire property, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to narrow down how much a roof replacement is going to cost you since there are a few things that will influence the overall cost. Generally, replacing your roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the job and the products being used. The cost of your new roof will be calculated by the products you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be tricky if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to account for various angles. This is where a roofing specialist can be of assistance. They’ll be able to figure out the square footage of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Roofing Maintenance Contractors near Warrensburg, IL
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management platform that helps you hire roofing maintenance contractors in Warrensburg, IL. See what experiences other customers have had, talk directly with the roofing repair contractor you’re interested in, schedule a service appointment, and pay all from one convenient app.
Our site also compiles useful data to help you prior to browsing through our database of qualified roofing companies.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to get in touch with a roofing maintenance professional, but here are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- Age: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years. If you think your roof has been around for longer, you may want to contact a roofer to come check it out.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards used for decking can warp or bend over time.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is built to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys and into your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- Broken flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or faulty flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are cracked, curled, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs an inspection. Roofing maintenance services will identify deteriorated shingles and provide top-notch repairs to prevent leaks from causing further damage.
It's unnecessary to deal with a damaged roof when there are so many professional roofers ready to help. With our user-friendly app, you can get the finest roofing maintenance services in Warrensburg, IL. Find the perfect contractor for your house right away.