Find a roofer in Utica, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What's the estimated time needed for building a new roof?
The amount of time it takes for a roofing contractor to do a replacement is dependent on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things to think about. The average residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you should take into consideration is the weather report in Utica, IL. Bad weather will make working conditions awful and this is going to extend the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to finish.
The layout of your roof is another factor that you should think about. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofer is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roofing specialist can estimate a timeline for the job.
When is a roof inspection necessary?
Many roofing contractors advise getting biannual inspections for your roof since routine inspections are the best things to make your roof last longer. Something to think about is, by not having a roofing inspection done, any warranty you have could be waived.
What is the normal price for roof replacement services from a roofer?
It’s difficult to come up with a precise amount on how much a replacement is going to come out to because there are a few things that will influence the overall cost. Typically, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the products used. The price of your roof replacement will be factored by the products you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be difficult if your roof is more intricate because you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing contractor can be of assistance. They’ll be able to figure out the square footage of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the price of your roof.
What should I estimate to fix my roof?
In relation to the condition of your roof, you're either looking at major or minor repairs. A little bit of maintenance can fall anywhere between $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to do the minor stuff themselves, but if you’re unsure of what to do or you’re concerned about your safety, then you should contact a roofer.
Any repairs that are major call for experience and they are going to be more expensive. You can expect major roofing repairs to be in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies in Utica, IL
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement site that helps you find roofing repair and roofing replacement companies in Utica, IL. See what others have to say, talk directly with the roofing maintenance company want to hire, get an estimate, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
Our platform also puts together a wealth of information to help you before you start sifting through our network of qualified roofing professionals.
Do you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services? Aside from leakage or other glaring issues, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a good decision.
- Age: Approximately 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts, so if you think your roof has been around for longer, you may want to contact a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards that make your roof can end up warping or are bending under pressure.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters while checking up on your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar or roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs an inspection. A roof inspection will identify deteriorated shingles and provide first-rate repairs to avoid leaks from causing more damage.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you an easy option to find the right professionals for roofing repair and roofing replacement services. Whether you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is streamlined with our app.