Find a roofer in Troy, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
What's the approximate time needed for building a new roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofer really depends on the measurements of your roof, but there are also many other things involved. The average residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in Troy, Illinois. Poor weather will make working conditions unpleasant and this is going to delay the job. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to get done.
The layout of your roof is an important thing that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roofer can approximate the hours for the project.
When is inspecting my roof necessary?
Most roofers recommend biannual inspections for your roof since regular inspections have been proven to make your roof last longer. Another thing to consider is, by not getting a roofing evaluation done, the warranty on your roof could be voided.
What is the normal rate charged by roofers for a roof replacement job?
It’s hard to come up with an exact amount on how much a replacement is going to come out to because there are several things that will establish the overall cost. Commonly, replacing your roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the materials being used. The cost of your roof replacement will be factored by the materials you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be hard if your roof is more complex because you’ll have to factor in various angles. Here's how a roofing contractor can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to decipher the measurements of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof.
What costs are associated with fixing a roof?
In the matter of the condition of your roof, your needs can be classified two ways: major or minor repairs. Minor maintenance can fall anywhere between $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to take care of minor stuff themselves, but if you’re not certain of how to do them or you’re worried about keeping safe, then you should contact a roofer.
Major repairs call for the attention of a professional and they are going to cost more. You can anticipate your major roof repairs being in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
Roofing Maintenance Contractors in Troy, Illinois
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement platform that helps you find roofing repair and roofing replacement professionals in Troy, Illinois. See what other customers have to say, talk directly with the roofing replacement contractor want to hire, schedule a service appointment, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
It's essential to have a roof you can rely on for your house at any time during the year. For a safe home with a roof made to last, you can find the best roofing repair and roofing replacement companies through Thumbtack.
Are you looking for roofing repair and roofing replacement services? With the exception of leakage or other obvious problems, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a good choice.
- Age: Approximately 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts. If you know your roof is older than that, it might be time to call a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a roofer immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can lead to worse problems. Roofing repairs done by a professional will remediate the issue and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters while checking up on your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and prevent water penetration. Contact a roofing maintenance contractor to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent water leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are cracked, curled, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs to be looked at. A roof inspection will identify deteriorated shingles and provide timely repairs to prevent leaks from causing further damage.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you an easy way to find the right professionals to address your roofing needs. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is streamlined through our app.