Find a roofer in Tolono, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the size of your roof, but there are also many other factors to think about. The average roof for a house is about 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you need to take into account is the weather forecast in your area. Storms will put a halt on work and this is going to extend the timeline. If a storm is expected to take place during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to complete.
The layout of your roof is an important thing that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement professional can approximate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are reliable and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They normally have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to purchase higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the possibility of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential homes and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a wise choice to get consistent inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this usually means you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to come up with precise amount on how much a roof replacement is going to cost you since there are a few factors that will establish the total cost. Typically, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the products being used. The cost of your roof replacement will be determined by the products you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be difficult if your roof is more complex since you’ll have to account for various angles. This is where a roofing professional can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to determine the square footage of your roof and give you a better estimate on the cost of your roof.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services in Tolono, Illinois
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement site that helps you hire roofing repair and roofing replacement professionals in Tolono, Illinois. See what other customers have to say, communicate directly with the roofing maintenance contractor you’re interested in, get an estimate, and more all from one convenient app.
Our app also collects a wealth of information to help you before you start sifting through our network of licensed roofing companies.
Do you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services? Aside from having leaks or other glaring concerns, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a wise decision.
- Age: In general, 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts. If you think your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to call a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and needs immediate attention. An established roof repair contractor can remediate the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing repair contractor will keep your gutters clean and functioning properly.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to seal joints and prevent water penetration. A roofing contractor can fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't undergo more extensive damages.
Hire a contractor who can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement a streamlined process. When you’ve found the company you want, then it's just requesting a quote and scheduling an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.