Find a roofer in Thebes, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a good roof is so fundamental for you is because it protects your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that provides protection for the rest of your property. It defends against harsh weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, and this can cause other problems.
Your roof also does a lot for your property value. Since it’s such an essential component of your home, a well-maintained roof demonstrates a reliable property. In the circumstance where you are selling, a home buyer would be much more excited about your home if it has a strong, stable roof over it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient home makes anyone happy. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your home keeps a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also many other things involved. The typical residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so on average, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the weather forecast in Thebes, Illinois. Poor weather will make working conditions terrible and this is going to stall the project. If a storm is expected to take place during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is another thing that you should think about. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor can estimate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are reliable and serve the purpose of protecting your home in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any home.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier products. They typically have a 15-20 year warranty. But you can always buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the probability of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential spaces and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. When the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a smart idea to get routine inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your home, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services in Thebes, Illinois
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement site that helps you hire roofing maintenance professionals in Thebes, Illinois. See what others have to say, communicate directly with the roofing repair company you’re interested in, get an estimate, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
Our site also compiles useful data to help you before you start sifting through our network of licensed roofing companies.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to reach out to a roofing replacement or roofing repair professional, but listed below are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years, so if you think your roof is older than that, you may want to contact a roofer to come check it out.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get immediate repairs if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can cause worse problems. Professional roofing repairs will resolve the problem and avoid a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters in addition to checking up on your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and prevent water. Contact a roofing repair contractor to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent water leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, warped, or missing shingles should be replaced by a professional. Regular repair services will help you address problems like this and prevent leaks.
Hire a contractor who can make your roofing maintenance a streamlined process. Once you’ve found the contractor you want, it’s just a matter of getting your estimate and booking an appointment to get your roof in order.