Find a roofer in Thayer, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are durable and serve the purpose of protecting your home while being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They normally have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can always buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the probability of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential homes and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When your roof is around this age, it’s a smart choice to get regular inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
Despite what time of year it is, you can get a roof replacement. However, fall is the most common time of year to get roof replacement services. But because it is a great time for these services, it can be difficult to schedule time with a contractor. This means that winter could be an easier time for services.
Many roofing contractors are slow during the colder months, but you could have more delays because of severe weather conditions. Summer is sort of like winter, but rather than wet and cold conditions, you’d be putting up with high heat.
Spring is also not a terrible time for roof replacements. Even though there's a chance it can still be wet and somewhat unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a quality roof is because it provides security for your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that offers protection for the rest of your house. It blocks out severe weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, which can cause other issues.
Your roof also contributes to your property value. Since it’s such a fundamental part of your home, a roof in good condition illustrates a great deal of stability. In a situation where you are selling, a home buyer would be enthusiastic about your home if it has a solid, stable roof over it.
Finally, having an energy efficient home delights anyone. It means your energy bills are lower and that your home keeps a comfortable temperature.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors near Thayer, IL
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management site that helps you find roofing replacement and roofing repair companies in Thayer, IL. See what experiences other people have had, communicate directly with the roofing maintenance contractor you’re interested in, get an estimate, and more all from one convenient app.
Our app also collects useful data to help you before you start browsing through our database of qualified roofing contractors.
Routine checkups can help you keep up with any damage before it degrades any further and lets you prolong the life of your roof. So, how can you tell it's necessary to get professional, roofing replacement and roofing repair services? You may notice certain things to look out for, including:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of a leaky roof. A good roofer can fix the issue as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a serious problem and requires immediate attention. A roofing repair contractor can remediate the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing lets water get to the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or broken flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see that some of them are discolored, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't sustain more extensive damages.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you a convenient way to find the best contractors for roofing replacement and roofing repair services. Whether you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is streamlined through our platform.