Find a roofer in Tamms, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most cost-effective solution for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are strong and do a fantastic job of protecting your home in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any home.
However, asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can always buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the possibility of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential properties and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. If your roof is around this age, it’s a good idea to get routine inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this indicates you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire home, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
Despite what season it is, you can call a contractor for roof replacement services. However, fall is the most common time of year to get roof replacement services. But because it is a popular time for a replacement, it can be difficult to schedule time with a contractor. This is why winter could be a better time to call a contractor.
Many roofing companies have more down time during the winter, but you could have more delays because of severe weather. And summer has the same issue as winter, but instead of wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with heat.
Spring is also not a terrible time for roof replacement services. While the weather can still be wet and partially unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a quality roof is so essential is because it provides security for your home, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the protective barrier for your entire home. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, which can cause other issues.
Your roof also does a lot for your curb appeal. Because it’s such a fundamental part of your home, a well-maintained roof demonstrates a great deal of stability. In a situation where you are selling, a home buyer would be much more excited about your home if it has a solid, stable roof protecting it.
Finally, everyone is content with an energy efficient property. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your home keeps a comfortable temperature.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Tamms, IllinoisHome // Illinois // Tamms
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Maintenance Contractors in Tamms, IL
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management platform that helps you hire roofing repair and roofing replacement companies in Tamms, IL. See what other customers have to say, communicate directly with the roofing repair contractor want to hire, schedule an appointment, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is necessary so that their property stays in good condition. It’s smart to stay on top of repairs to avoid having to pay an expensive roof replacement.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to get in touch with a roofing repair or roofing replacement professional, but here are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are indicative of your roof leaking. A professional roofing contractor can make repairs as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and requires attention at once. A roofing repair contractor can fix the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters in addition to inspecting your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Contact a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or damaged flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't sustain more extensive damages.
It's unnecessary to deal with a damaged roof when there are so many qualified contractors available to assist. With our streamlined app, you can find the best roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Tamms, IL. Get the premium roofing services you need for your property now.