Find a roofer in Sterling, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
When should I plan to get roofers come out?
Despite what season it is, you can get roofing services. However, fall is the most popular time of year have your roof serviced. But because it is a popular time for these services, it can be a challenge to schedule time with a professional. This is why winter could be a more convenient time for an appointment.
Many professionals who specialize in roofing are slow during the colder months, but you could have more delays because of erratic weather. And summer is similar to winter, but rather than being cold, you’d be dealing with high heat.
Spring is also not a terrible time for roofing services. While the weather can still be wet and somewhat uncertain, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be uncovered.
What is the normal cost per square foot for roof maintenance services?
Roofing services can cost around $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the labor and materials. Of course, how expensive it will be will change with the products that are being used for your project.
What's the approximate time needed for constructing a replacement roof?
The time that is needed for a roofer to do a replacement will be based on the measurements of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things to consider. The average residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofer can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the projected weather in Sterling, IL. Bad weather will put a stop to work and this will extend the timeline. If a storm is expected to take place during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to get done.
The style of your roof is another thing that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofer is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roofing contractor will be able to approximate the hours for the project.
What is a good time for booking a roofing appointment?
Many roofers recommend twice-yearly inspections for your roof since regular inspections are the best things to make your roof last longer. Something to think about is, by not getting a roofing inspection done, the warranty on your roof could be waived.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies near Sterling, IL
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement site that helps you find roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors in Sterling, IL. See what experiences other customers have had, talk directly with the roofing replacement contractor you’re interested in, get a quote, and pay all from one convenient app.
Our site also compiles a wealth of information to help you before you start sifting through our database of licensed roofing companies.
Routine checkups can help you stay on top of any damage before it degrades any further and allows you to prolong the life of your roof. So, how do you know it's necessary to get a licensed, roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, including:
- Age: Approximately 20-25 years is expected of a roof. If you know your roof is older than that, you may want to call a roofer to come check it out.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a critical problem and needs immediate attention. An established roof repair contractor can remediate the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys and into your gutters. If there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and prevent water penetration. A roofing contractor can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent water leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs to be looked at. Roofing maintenance services will identify deteriorated shingles and provide timely repairs to prevent leaks from causing more damage.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you a hassle-free option to hire the right companies to address your roofing needs. Whether you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the job is streamlined through our app.