Find a roofer in Staunton, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the size of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things involved. The typical roof for a residential property is around 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so normally, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into consideration is the weather forecast in Staunton, Illinois. Storms will put a halt on work and this is going to extend the timeline. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is an important factor that you should think about. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement professional can estimate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are reliable and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any house.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier products. They typically have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to get top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential properties and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. If your roof is around this age, it’s a wise idea to get regular inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to narrow down how much a new roof is going to cost you because there are a few things that will determine the overall cost. Mostly, a new roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the project and the materials being used. The price of your roof replacement will be determined by the materials you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the layout of your roof can also be hard if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing contractor can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to decipher the measurements of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors near Staunton, Illinois
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement site that helps you hire roofing replacement and roofing repair professionals in Staunton, Illinois. See what experiences other customers have had, communicate directly with the roofing maintenance contractor want to hire, schedule an appointment, and more all from one convenient app.
Our site also collects useful data to help you before you start sifting through our database of vetted roofing companies.
Are you looking for roofing replacement and roofing repair services? With the exception of having leaks or other obvious concerns, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a good decision.
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years, so if you think your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to contact a roofer to come inspect it.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a contractor immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can cause serious problems. Quality roofing repairs will resolve the issue and avoid a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a promising sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters while examining your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is roof cement you may want a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, curled, or missing shingles should be swapped out with new ones by a professional. Regular repair services will help you address problems like this and avoid leaks.
Hire a company that can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair an easy process. When you’ve found the company you want, it’s just a matter of requesting a estimate and scheduling an appointment to get your roof in order.