Find a roofer in Spring Valley, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
How much does a roofer charge for replacement?
It’s challenging to narrow down how much a new roof is going to come out to since there are several factors that will influence the total cost. Typically, replacing your roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the job and the materials being used. The price of your roof replacement will be calculated by the materials you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be difficult if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to factor in various angles. This is where a roofing expert can be of assistance. They’ll be able to figure out the square footage of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the price of your roof.
What is the expected rate for roof repair services?
On the subject of the condition of your roof, you're either looking at major or minor repairs. A little bit of maintenance will range anywhere from $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to do the minor stuff themselves, but if you’re not certain of what to do or you’re concerned about keeping safe, then you should contact an expert.
Any repairs that are major do require the attention of a professional and they are going to cost more. You can anticipate your major roof repairs being in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
What should I expect to pay per square foot for a roofer's services?
Services for your roof can hover around $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the labor and materials. Needless to say, the overall cost will differ with the products that are being used for the job.
What is the normal period of time to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofing contractor really depends on the measurements of your roof, but there are also many other factors involved. The typical residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofer can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Bad weather will put a halt on work and this can really stall the project. If this is going on during your replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to complete.
The style of your roof is another factor that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofer is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roofer can estimate the hours for the job.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies in Spring Valley, Illinois
When you need to hire a roofing repair or roofing replacement company in Spring Valley, Illinois, then our platform is the answer. The roofing contractors featured on Thumbtack have the skills and qualifications you need for the job at hand. You can find someone who takes extra measures in making sure that the best customer service is implemented and that you get quality services on your roof replacement.
Our site also compiles a wealth of information to help you before you start browsing through our database of qualified roofing companies.
Do you need roofing maintenance services? With the exception of leakage or other glaring concerns, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a good choice.
- Age: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years, so if you think your roof is older than that, you may want to call a roofer to come check it out.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and needs immediate attention. A roofing repair contractor can fix the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters in addition to checking up on your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more extensive damages.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with a hassle-free solution to find the right companies to address your roofing needs. Whether you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is made easier through our platform.