Find a roofer in South Wilmington, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the size of your roof, but there are also many other things to consider. The average roof for a residence is about 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into account is the weather forecast in South Wilmington, Illinois. Bad weather will make working conditions awful and this can really postpone the project. If a storm is expected to happen during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to finish.
The style of your roof is another factor that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor can estimate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are reliable and serve the purpose of protecting your home while being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any house.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require maintenance more often than the more expensive options. They typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to buy higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential homes and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a good idea to get consistent inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a defensive barrier for your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to know exactly how much a new roof is going to come out to because there are several things that will establish the total cost. Mostly, replacing your roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the products being used. The cost of your new roof will be calculated by the products you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be hard if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing specialist can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to decipher the measurements of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies near South Wilmington, Illinois
When you need to hire a roofing maintenance contractor in South Wilmington, Illinois, there's a convenient way to go about it. The roofing companies you'll discover on our site have the experience you’re searching for. You can find the best roofing contractor who takes extra measures in making sure that the best customer service is put in place and that you get quality services on your roof replacement.
It's essential to have a roof you can count on for your house at any time during the year. For a secure house with a roof made to last, you can hire the best roofing maintenance contractors through Thumbtack.
Do you need roofing maintenance services? Apart from having leaks or other obvious concerns, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a wise decision.
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of your roof leaking. A professional roofing contractor can make repairs as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood that make your roof can end up warping or are bending under pressure.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance company will clean your gutters while examining your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and prevent water penetration. Contact a roofing maintenance contractor to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid water leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are cracked, curled, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs an inspection. Roofing maintenance services will identify damaged shingles and provide top-notch repairs to avoid leaks from causing further damage.
Find a contractor who can make your roofing maintenance a streamlined process. Once you’ve found the contractor you want, then it's just requesting a estimate and setting up an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.