Find a roofer in South Roxana, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What's the timeframe for a roofer to replace a roof?
The time it takes for a roofer to do a replacement will be based on the measurements of your roof, but there are also many other things to think about. The average residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofer can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Bad weather will make working conditions terrible and this is going to extend the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to get done.
The layout of your roof is another thing that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofer is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roofing specialist will be able to come up with the hours for the project.
What is a good time for scheduling a roofing appointment?
Most roofers recommend twice-yearly inspections for your roof, and the reason why is because regular inspections have been proven to make your roof last longer. Another thing to think about is, by not having an evaluation done, the warranty on your roof could be voided.
What should I expect to pay a roofer for a roof replacement job?
It’s difficult to come up with an exact amount on how much a new roof is going to come out to because there are several things that will influence the total cost. Mostly, replacing your roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the project and the materials used. The cost of your roof replacement will be determined by the materials you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be tricky if your roof is more intricate because you’ll have to factor in various angles. This is where a roofing contractor can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to figure out the measurements of your roof and give you a better estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
What is the expected price to fix my roof?
When it comes to the condition of your roof, your needs can be classified into two categories: major or minor repairs. A little bit of maintenance will range anywhere from $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to handle minor stuff on their own, but if you’re unsure of how to do them or you’re worried about keeping safe, then you should contact a roofer.
Any repairs that are major call for the attention of a roofer and they are going to be more expensive. You can anticipate your major repairs being in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors near South Roxana, IL
Thumbtack is the perfect home management platform that helps you connect with roofing maintenance professionals in South Roxana, IL. See what others have to say, talk directly with the roofing replacement contractor you’re interested in, get an estimate, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
Our site also puts together a wealth of information to help you before you start browsing through our database of licensed roofing companies.
Are you looking for roofing maintenance services? With the exception of having leaks or other obvious problems, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a wise decision.
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are indicative of a leaky roof. A professional roofer can fix the issue right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and requires attention immediately. A roofing repair contractor can fix the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters while examining your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing lets water get to the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or damaged flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles will let you know if they need to be replaced. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't undergo more extensive damages.
Hire someone who can make your roofing maintenance a streamlined process. Once you’ve found the right fit, it’s just a matter of getting your estimate and setting up an appointment to get your roof in order.