Find a roofer in South Roxana, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
What season is best for a roofing job?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year have your roof serviced. Since it is a popular time for roofing services, it can be difficult to schedule time with a contractor. This means that winter could be a better time to call a contractor.
A lot of professionals who specialize in roofing have more down time during the winter, but you could be dealing with more severe weather conditions. Summer is sort of like winter, but instead of wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring is also not a terrible time for roofing services. Even though the weather can still be wet and partially unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be uncovered.
How much do most roofers charge per square foot?
Services for your roof can be between $4 to $40 per square foot, and this will account for the labor and materials. Of course, the overall cost will vary with the products that are being used for the job.
What is the normal period of time to replace a roof?
The time it takes for a roofing contractor to do a replacement is dependent on the size of your roof, however, there are also many other things involved. The typical residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so generally speaking, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into consideration is the weather forecast in South Roxana, Illinois. Storms will make working conditions terrible and this is going to push out the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is another factor that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roofing contractor can approximate the hours for the project.
What is a good time for scheduling a roof inspection?
Most roofers suggest biannual inspections for your roof since routine inspections have been proven to increase the longevity of your roof. Another thing to think about is, by not having a roofing inspection done, any warranty you have could be waived.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors in South Roxana, Illinois
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing maintenance services in South Roxana, Illinois. Our user-friendly site gives you all the convenience you need, so you can search through various profiles and come up with some options. We assist in the hiring process by providing you access to detailed customer reviews, pricing information, experience, and more. Begin your search for a roofing maintenance contractor here on Thumbtack and hire the right candidate for your project.
Our site also puts together useful data to help you before you start browsing through our database of licensed roofing professionals.
Routine inspections can help you keep up with any damage before it gets worse and allows you to prolong the lifespan of your roof. So, how can you tell it's necessary to get roofing maintenance services? You may notice certain things to look out for, such as:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of a leaky roof. A professional roofing contractor can fix the issue right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a contractor immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can cause serious issues. Roofing repairs done by an expert will remediate the issue and avoid replacement services.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing company to fix deteriorating, missing, or broken flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are cracked, curled, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs an inspection. A roof inspection will identify damaged shingles and provide timely repairs to avoid leaks from causing further damage.
Find someone who can make your roofing maintenance a streamlined and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the contractor you want, it’s just a matter of requesting a quote and scheduling an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.