Find a roofer in South Elgin, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a quality roof is so fundamental for you is because it protects your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that provides protection for your entire home. It defends against harsh weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof is in poor condition, you could have some leaks in your home, and this can lead to other problems.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your curb appeal. Since it’s such an essential component of your property, a well-maintained roof shows a reliable property. In the circumstance where you are selling, a home buyer would be much more excited about your property if it has a solid, steady roof protecting it.
Finally, having an energy efficient home delights anyone. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your home maintains a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time that is needed to replace a roof will be based on the measurements of your roof, but there are also many other factors to consider. The typical residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so on average, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you should take into account is the projected weather in your area. Storms will put a stop to work and this will extend the timeline. If bad weather is supposed to happen during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is another thing that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor will be able to come up with the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most budget friendly solution for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are durable and serve the purpose of protecting your property in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any home.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to get top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential homes and these usually have a 15-20 year warranty. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a wise idea to get regular inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this usually means you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire property, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near South Elgin, IllinoisHome // Illinois // South Elgin
Roofing Maintenance Companies in South Elgin, Illinois
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement platform that helps you find roofing repair and roofing replacement professionals in South Elgin, Illinois. See what experiences other customers have had, talk directly with the roofing replacement company you’re interested in, get an estimate, and pay all from one convenient app.
Our site also puts together a wealth of information to help you before you start browsing through our network of licensed roofing contractors.
Are you looking for roofing repair and roofing replacement services? Apart from leakage or other glaring problems, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a good choice.
- Age: Approximately 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts. If you think your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to contact a roofer to come inspect it.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and requires attention immediately. An established roof repair company can remediate the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters in addition to checking up on your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected will let you know if they need to be replaced. If you see that a few of them are discolored, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't sustain more extensive damages.
No one should deal with a run-down roof when there are so many licensed contractors ready to help. With our streamlined app, you can get quality roofing repair and roofing replacement services in South Elgin, Illinois. Find the right contractor for your property now.