Find a roofer in South Beloit, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the size of your roof, however, there are also many other factors involved. The typical roof for a residence is around 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so usually, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the weather report in your area. Poor weather will make working conditions unpleasant and this can really stall the project. If bad weather is expected to take place during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to complete.
The layout of your roof is another factor that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement professional can approximate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are durable and serve the purpose of protecting your home in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look good on any house.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier products. They usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can also buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the possibility of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential spaces and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a wise choice to get regular inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to come up with precise amount on how much a new roof is going to cost you because there are several factors that will establish the overall cost. Generally, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the project and the products used. The price of your roof replacement will be calculated by the products you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be difficult if your roof is more intricate because you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing specialist can be of assistance. They’ll be able to calculate the square footage of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the price of your roof.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near South Beloit, IllinoisHome // Illinois // South Beloit
Roofing Maintenance Companies near South Beloit, Illinois
If you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services in South Beloit, Illinois, then our platform is the answer. The roofing companies you'll discover on Thumbtack have the qualifications you’re looking for. You can find the right candidate who takes the effort to make sure that the finest customer service is provided and that you get total satisfaction on your roofing repairs.
Our app also compiles a wealth of information to help you prior to browsing through our network of vetted roofing companies.
Regularly, scheduled appointments can help you keep up with any damage before it degrades any further and lets you extend the life of your roof. How do you know when you need a professional, roofing replacement and roofing repair company to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, such as:
- Age: In general, 20-25 years is expected of a roof. If you think your roof is older than that, you may want to call a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood that make your roof can end up warping or are bending under pressure.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. If there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Contact a roofing company to fix deteriorating, missing, or faulty flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected will let you know if they need to be replaced. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more extensive damages.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with an easy way to find the right companies for roofing replacement and roofing repair services. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the job is streamlined with our app.