Find a roofer in Skokie, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Skokie, IllinoisRoofing // Illinois // Skokie
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What is the right time to request a roof inspection?
The majority of roofing contractors recommend twice-yearly inspections for your roof, and the reason why is because routine inspections are the best things to make your roof last longer. Something to think about is, by not getting a roofing inspection done, any warranty you have could be voided.
What is the typical price charged by roofing experts for a roof replacement project?
It’s difficult to pinpoint exactly how much a new roof is going to come out to since there are a few things that will establish the total cost. Typically, replacing your roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the products used. The price of your roof replacement will be determined by the products you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the layout of your roof can also be hard if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing professional can be of assistance. They’ll be able to decipher the measurements of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
How much does it cost to fix the roof?
In relation to the condition of your roof, your needs can be sorted two ways: minor maintenance or major repair. A little bit of maintenance will range anywhere from $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to handle minor stuff themselves, but if you’re not certain of how to do them or you’re concerned about keeping safe, then you should reach out to a contractor.
Major repairs do require the attention of a professional and they do cost more. You can expect major roofing repairs to be in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
During which time of the year should I schedule roofing services?
No matter what time of year it is, you can get roofing services. However, fall is the most popular time of year for any type of roofing service. But because it is a good time for roofing services, it can be a challenge to schedule time with a professional. This is why waiting later in the year could be an easier time for services.
Many professionals who specialize in roofing have more down time during the winter, but you could have more delays because of severe weather. And summer has the same issue as winter, but rather than wet and cold conditions, you’d be putting up with high heat.
Spring is also not a bad time for roofing services. Even though the weather can still be wet and partially unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be uncovered.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies near Skokie, Illinois
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement site that helps you hire roofing maintenance companies in Skokie, Illinois. See what experiences other people have had, communicate directly with the roofing replacement company you’re interested in, schedule a service appointment, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
Our platform also collects a wealth of information to help you before you start sifting through our network of vetted roofing contractors.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to get in touch with a roofing repair or roofing replacement professional, but listed below are some other things to consider about your roof:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years. If you know your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to contact a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a critical problem and requires attention at once. A roofing repair company can remediate the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find an accumulation of granules in your gutters from your shingles, it could indicate that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing repair specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to seal joints and prevent water penetration. A roofer can fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs an inspection. A roof inspection will identify deteriorated shingles and provide quality repairs to prevent leaks from doing more damage.
Hire a contractor who can make your roofing maintenance a streamlined and satisfactory process. When you’ve found the company you want, it’s just a matter of getting your quote and setting up an appointment to get your roof in order.