Find a roofer in Shumway, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most affordable materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are strong and do a great job of protecting your property while being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles do require maintenance more often than the more expensive materials. They normally have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to buy higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the probability of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential properties and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. When your roof is around this age, it’s a good choice to get routine inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your property, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
Despite what time of year it is, you can call a professional for roof replacement services. However, fall is the most popular time of year to get roof replacement services. Since it is a great time for a replacement, it can be difficult to schedule time with a professional. This is why waiting later in the year could be an easier time to call a contractor.
Many roofing companies are slow during the colder months, but you could be dealing with more severe weather conditions. Summer is sort of like winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring can also be good for roof replacement services. While there's a chance it can still be wet and partially unpredictable, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a good roof is because it provides security for your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the defensive barrier for your entire home. It defends against severe weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof is in bad condition, you could have some leaks in your home, which can cause other issues.
Your roof also does a lot for your curb appeal. Because it’s such a fundamental component of your property, a well-maintained roof illustrates a reliable property. If you were to sell, a home buyer would be enthusiastic about your property if it has a solid, stable roof over it.
Lastly, everyone is happy with an energy efficient house. It means your energy bills are lower and that your house maintains a consistent temperature.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors in Shumway, IL
You can depend on Thumbtack to make your search for roofing maintenance services easy in Shumway, IL. Our user-friendly platform gives you all the convenience you need, so you can look through a range of profiles and come up with some options. We assist in the hiring process by providing you access to detailed customer reviews, pricing information, experience, and more. Begin your search for a roofing maintenance company here on Thumbtack and hire the right candidate for your project.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is needed to keep their property in good condition. It’s best to keep on top of repairs to avoid having to pay the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Routine inspections can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and lets you prolong the life of your roof. So, how can you tell when you need a licensed, roofing maintenance contractor to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain signs of wear such as:
- The Age of Your Roof: Approximately 20-25 years is expected of a roof. If you think your roof is older than that, it might be time to call a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a serious problem and requires immediate attention. An established roof repair contractor can fix the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a promising sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters while inspecting your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and prevent water penetration. Contact a roofing repair company to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to avoid water leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles should be replaced by a roofer. Regular inspections will also help you address issues like this and avoid leaks.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you a convenient solution to hire the right companies for roofing maintenance services. No matter if you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the process is made easier with our platform.