Find a roofer in Scott Air Force Base, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a stable roof is because it provides security for your home, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that provides security for the rest of your home. It blocks out harsh weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof is in bad condition, you could have some leaks in your home, and this can lead to other problems.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your curb appeal. Because it’s such an important part of your home, a roof in good condition shows a reliable property. In a situation where you are selling, a buyer would be thrilled about your home if it has a solid, durable roof protecting it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient house delights anyone. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your house maintains a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the size of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors involved. The average roof for a residence is about 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into account is the weather forecast in your area. Storms will make working conditions less than ideal and this is going to extend the timeline. If bad weather is supposed to happen during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to get done.
The style of your roof is another thing that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement contractor can come up with a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most affordable solution for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are reliable and do a great job of protecting your home while being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any home.
Asphalt shingles do require maintenance more often than the more pricier products. They typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can also purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential properties and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a wise idea to get regular inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
Roofing Maintenance Companies in Scott Air Force Base, IL
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement site that helps you find roofing maintenance contractors in Scott Air Force Base, IL. See what others have to say, communicate directly with the roofing maintenance contractor you’re interested in, book an appointment, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
Our site also compiles useful data to help you before you start browsing through our network of qualified roofing contractors.
Are you looking for roofing maintenance services? Aside from having leaks or other obvious concerns, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a good choice.
- The Age of Your Roof: Approximately 20-25 years is expected of a roof, so if you know your roof is older than that, it might be time to contact a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and needs to be attended to. An established roof repair contractor can fix the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing repair contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to protect joints and stop water. A roofing contractor can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs to be looked at. A roof inspection will identify deteriorated shingles and provide timely repairs to avoid leaks from doing further damage.
It's unnecessary to put up with a damaged roof when there are so many professional contractors available to assist. With our easy-to-use app, you can find quality roofing maintenance services in Scott Air Force Base, IL. Find the perfect contractor for your property right away.