Find a roofer in Saunemin, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time that is needed to replace a roof will be based on the size of your roof, but there are also many other things to consider. The typical residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so normally, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into consideration is the weather forecast in your area. Storms will make working conditions awful and this is going to push out the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to get done.
The layout of your roof is an important factor that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement contractor can approximate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most cost-effective materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are reliable and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any home.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to get higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the likelihood of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential houses and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. When the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a smart choice to get consistent inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to come up with precise amount on how much a new roof is going to come out to since there are several things that will influence the overall cost. Generally, replacing your roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the products used. The price of your roof replacement will be calculated by the products you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be challenging if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing specialist can be of assistance. They’ll be able to determine the square footage of your roof and give you a better estimate on the price of your roof.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies near Saunemin, IL
When you need to hire a roofing repair or roofing replacement company in Saunemin, IL, there's no easier way to go about it. The roofing professionals you'll discover on Thumbtack have the experience you’re searching for. You can find someone who takes the effort to make sure that the best customer service is put in place and that you get complete satisfaction on your roof replacement.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is always required so that their property stays in good condition. It’s smart to keep on top of repairs in order to prevent the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to call in a roofing repair or roofing replacement company, but listed below are some other things to consider about your roof:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are a sign of a leaky roof. A professional roofing contractor can make repairs as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get repairs at once if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can lead to worse issues. Professional roofing repairs will remediate the problem and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to let snow and rain flow through the valleys and into your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you may get some leakage.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing lets water get to the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or broken flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected will let you know if they need to be replaced. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more extensive damages.
Hire someone who can make your roofing maintenance a streamlined process. When you’ve found the right candidate, it’s just a matter of requesting a estimate and booking an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.