Find a roofer in Saint Elmo, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a quality roof is so important is because it protects your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the defensive barrier for the rest of your property. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. So if your roof is in poor condition, your home could develop some leaks, and this can cause other issues.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your curb appeal. Because it’s such an essential component of your home, a well-maintained roof illustrates a great deal of stability. If you were looking to sell, a buyer would be thrilled about your home if it has a strong, durable roof over it.
Finally, everyone is delighted with an energy efficient home. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your house maintains a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the size of your roof, however, there are also many other things involved. The average residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into account is the projected weather in Saint Elmo, IL. Storms will make working conditions terrible and this is going to delay the project. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to get done.
The layout of your roof is another factor that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement professional will be able to estimate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are reliable and do a great job of protecting your home while being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any house.
However, asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require some attention more often than the more expensive products. They typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can always get top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the possibility of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential properties and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a wise choice to get routine inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this usually means you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a protective barrier for the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
Roofing Maintenance Companies near Saint Elmo, IL
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management platform that helps you find roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors in Saint Elmo, IL. See what experiences other people have had, talk directly with the roofing repair company you’re interested in, get an estimate, and more all from one convenient app.
It's crucial to have a a structure over your head that you can rely on at any time during the year. For a secure house with a roof designed to last, you can find the best roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors through Thumbtack.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to call in a roofing maintenance contractor, but here are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of a leaky roof. A good roofer can fix the issue as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards that make your roof can warp or bend under pressure.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing repair specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar or roof cement you may want a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, curled, or missing shingles should be replaced by a roofer. Regular repair services will help you address issues like this and avoid leaks.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you a hassle-free way to find the right companies to address your roofing needs. Whether you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is streamlined through our platform.