Find a roofer in Round Lake, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Round Lake, IllinoisRoofing // Illinois // Round Lake
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
When is a roof inspection necessary?
The majority of roofers advise getting twice-yearly inspections for your roof, and the reason why is because regular inspections are the best things to make your roof last longer. Something to think about is, by not having an evaluation done, any warranty you have could be waived.
At what cost will a roofing contractor charge for replacement?
It’s difficult to narrow down how much a replacement is going to come out to because there are a few factors that will establish the overall cost. Usually, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the project and the materials used. The cost of your roof replacement will be determined by the materials you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be tricky if your roof is more complex because you’ll have to account for various angles. This is where a roofing contractor can be of assistance. They’ll be able to determine the square footage of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof.
What is the approximate cost for repairing a rooftop?
Concerning the condition of your roof, you're either looking at major or minor repairs. A little bit of maintenance will range anywhere from $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to handle minor stuff on their own, but if you’re not certain of what to do or you’re worried about your safety, then you should reach out to a professional.
Major repairs call for experience and they do cost more. You can anticipate your major roof repairs ranging between $1,500 to $7,000.
At which time of the year should I book services with a roofer?
Despite what season it is, you can get in touch with a roofer for roofing services. However, fall is the most popular time of year have your roof serviced. But because it is a popular time for these services, it can be a challenge to book time with a roofer. This means that waiting until winter could be a more convenient time for an appointment.
Many professionals who specialize in roofing have more down time during the colder months, but you could have more delays because of erratic weather. And summer is similar to winter, but instead of wet and cold conditions, you’d be putting up with hot temperatures.
Spring is also not a bad time for roofing services. While there's a chance it can still be wet and slightly unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be uncovered.
Roofing Maintenance Contractors in Round Lake, Illinois
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement platform that helps you find roofing replacement and roofing repair professionals in Round Lake, Illinois. See what others have to say, communicate directly with the roofing repair contractor want to hire, book a service appointment, and more all from one convenient app.
Our site also collects a wealth of information to help you before you start sifting through our database of licensed roofing companies.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to call in a roofing repair or roofing replacement professional, but here are some other aspects to consider about your roof:
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of a leaky roof. A good roofer can make repairs as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a contractor immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can cause worse issues. Roofing repairs done by an expert will resolve the issue and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a good sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters while examining your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and stop water. A roofing contractor can fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles can help you know if it's time for them to be replaced. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more extensive damages.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you a hassle-free solution to hire the best companies for roofing replacement and roofing repair services. Whether you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the job is made easier through our platform.