Find a roofer in Romeoville, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Romeoville, IllinoisRoofing // Illinois // Romeoville
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
Which is the best season for a roofing project?
While you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year have your roof serviced. But because it is a good time for these services, it can be difficult to book time with a roofer. This is why winter could be a more convenient time to call a contractor.
Many roofers are slow during the winter, but you could have more delays because of severe weather. And summer has the same issue as winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be dealing with the heat.
Spring is also not a terrible time for roofing services. While there's a chance it can still be wet and slightly uncertain, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be repaired.
What should I expect to pay per square foot for a roofing contractor's services?
Roofing services can cost around $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the labor and materials. Of course, the cost per square foot will differ depending on what materials are being used for the job.
What is the normal duration for a roof rebuild?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofing contractor will be based on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things to think about. The average residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so normally, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the weather forecast in Romeoville, Illinois. Storms will put a stop to work and this can really postpone the project. If bad weather is supposed to happen during your replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is another thing that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roofing professional will be able to come up with a timeline for the project.
At which point should I consider having an inspection for my roof?
Most roofers suggest biannual inspections for your roof since routine check-ups have been proven to make your roof last longer. Something to consider is, by not having an inspection done, the warranty on your roof could be voided.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors in Romeoville, Illinois
You can look to Thumbtack to make your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services easy in Romeoville, Illinois. Our user-friendly app is easy to navigate, so you can look through dozens of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We assist in the vetting process by providing you access to in-depth customer reviews, pricing information, experience, and more. Start your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor on the app and hire the right professional for the job.
Our app also compiles a wealth of information to help you before you start browsing through our database of qualified roofing professionals.
Are you looking for roofing replacement and roofing repair services? With the exception of having leaks or other obvious issues, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a good decision.
- The Age of Your Roof: In general, 20-25 years is expected of a roof. If you think your roof is older than that, you may want to contact a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get immediate repairs if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can cause serious issues. Roofing repairs done by an expert will resolve the problem and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a good sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters while inspecting your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Contact a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or faulty flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If a patch of them are very discolored, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you a convenient solution to hire the best professionals to address your roofing needs. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is streamlined through our app.