Find a roofer in Rolling Meadows, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Roofing Repair & Replacement Professionals nearRoof Repair and Maintenance // Illinois // Rolling Meadows
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
When is the best season to get your roof serviced?
Despite what season it is, you can get roofing services. However, fall is the most popular time of year for any type of roofing service. But because it is a common time for these services, it can be a challenge to book time with a professional. This means that waiting later in the year could be an easier time to schedule.
Many roofers are slow during the winter, but you could be dealing with more erratic weather. And summer has the same issue as winter, but instead of wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with heat.
Spring is also not a terrible time for roofing services. While there's a chance it can still be wet and slightly uncertain, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be repaired.
What is the average cost per square foot for roof maintenance services?
Roofing services can hover around $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the labor and materials. Of course, the overall cost will differ depending on what materials are being used for your roof repairs.
What is the normal period of time for a roof replacement?
The time it takes for a roofing contractor to do a replacement will be based on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also many other factors to think about. The typical roof for a residential property is about 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofer can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you should take into account is the weather forecast in your area. Storms will make working conditions terrible and this is going to delay the job. If this is going on during your replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to complete.
The layout of your roof is another thing that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roofer can estimate the hours for the job.
At which point should I think about having a roof inspection done?
The majority of roofers advise getting biannual roof inspections, and the reason why is because regular inspections are the best things to increase the longevity of your roof. Another thing to consider is, by not having a roofing evaluation done, the warranty on your roof could be voided.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies in Rolling Meadows, Illinois
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management site that helps you connect with roofing replacement and roofing repair companies in Rolling Meadows, Illinois. See what experiences other customers have had, communicate directly with the roofing replacement contractor want to hire, get an estimate, and more all from one convenient app.
Our site also puts together useful data to help you before you start sifting through our network of vetted roofing professionals.
Do you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services? Apart from leakage or other obvious issues, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a good choice.
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years. If you think your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to call a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and needs attention immediately. An established roof repair contractor can fix the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys and into your gutters. If there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you may get some leakage.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and prevent water. A roofing contractor can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are cracked, curled, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs an inspection. A roof inspection will identify worn-out shingles and provide timely repairs to prevent leaks from causing more damage.
No one should put up with a dilapidated roof when there are so many licensed roofers ready to assist. With our streamlined platform, you can find the best roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Rolling Meadows, Illinois. Find the perfect contractor for your house now.