Find a roofer in Rockford, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
Which is the ideal time for a roofing project?
Despite what season it is, you can get roofing services. However, fall is the most common time of year have your roof serviced. Since it is a common time for these services, it can be difficult to book time with a contractor. This means that waiting later in the year could be a more convenient time to book.
Many roofers are slow during the colder months, but you could be dealing with more severe weather. And summer is similar to winter, but instead of wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring can also be good for roofing services. While there's a chance it can still be wet and partially unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be uncovered.
What is the typical pricing per square foot for roofing services?
Roofing services can be between $4 to $40 per square foot, and this will account for the roofing products being used and the labor. Needless to say, the cost per square foot will change depending on what materials are being used for your roof repairs.
What's the timeframe to get a new roof?
The time it takes for a roofing contractor to do a replacement will be based on the size of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things to consider. The typical roof for a residence is around 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so on average, a roofer can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Poor weather will put a halt on work and this can really postpone the job. If this is going on during your replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to finish.
The complexity of your roof is another thing that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofer is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roofer will be able to come up with the hours for the project.
When is the best time to get a roof inspection?
Many roofers advise getting twice-yearly inspections for your roof since regular check-ups have been proven to increase the longevity of your roof. Something to consider is, by not getting a roofing evaluation done, the warranty on your roof could be voided.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services in Rockford, IL
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management site that helps you find roofing replacement and roofing repair professionals in Rockford, IL. See what experiences other customers have had, communicate directly with the roofing replacement contractor you’re interested in, book a service appointment, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is always required so that their property remains in good condition. It’s best to keep on top of repairs to avoid having to pay the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Do you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services? Apart from leakage or other obvious concerns, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a good choice.
- Age: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years. If you think your roof is older than that, it might be time to contact a roofer to come inspect it.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a serious problem and requires immediate attention. An established roof repair contractor can remediate the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is built to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys and into your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar you may want a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs attention. A roof inspection will identify damaged shingles and provide quality repairs to avoid leaks from causing further damage.
No one should put up with a dilapidated roof when there are so many professional roofers available to assist. With our easy-to-use platform, you can get the finest roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Rockford, IL. Get the roofing maintenance services you need for your property today.