Find a roofer in Rock Falls, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
When should my roof be evaluated?
Many roofers recommend biannual inspections for your roof since routine check-ups are the best things to increase the longevity of your roof. Something to think about is, by not having an evaluation done, the warranty on your roof could be voided.
What is the normal cost charged by roofing professionals for a roof replacement job?
It’s difficult to know exactly how much a new roof is going to cost you since there are a few factors that will influence the overall cost. Typically, replacing your roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the products used. The price of your roof replacement will be factored by the products you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the layout of your roof can also be challenging if your roof is more complex since you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing expert can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to calculate the measurements of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the price of your roof.
What cost can be expected for roof maintenance services?
In relation to the condition of your roof, your needs can be classified two ways: minor maintenance or major repair. Minor maintenance can cost about $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to handle minor stuff on their own, but if you’re not certain of what to do or you’re worried about keeping safe, then you should reach out to a contractor.
Any repairs that are major call for specialized knowledge and they do cost more. You can anticipate your major roof repairs ranging between $1,500 to $7,000.
At which season should I schedule roofing services?
No matter what time of year it is, you can call a roofer for roofing services. However, fall is the most popular time of year for any type of roofing service. But because it is a common time for these services, it can be a challenge to book time with a contractor. This means that waiting later in the year could be an easier time to book.
A lot of roofing contractors are slow during the winter, but you could be putting up with more erratic weather. Summer is kind of like winter, but rather than wet and cold conditions, you’d be putting up with high heat.
Spring is also not a bad time for roofing services. While there's a chance it can still be wet and somewhat unpredictable, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be repaired.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services near Rock Falls, IL
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement platform that helps you connect with roofing repair and roofing replacement professionals in Rock Falls, IL. See what experiences other people have had, talk directly with the roofing repair contractor want to hire, schedule a service appointment, and more all from one convenient app.
Our platform also puts together useful data to help you before you start browsing through our database of licensed roofing contractors.
Are you looking for roofing repair and roofing replacement services? Aside from leakage or other glaring issues, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a good decision.
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years. If you know your roof is older than that, it might be time to contact a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a contractor immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can cause serious issues. Quality roofing repairs will resolve the problem and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters while inspecting your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing lets water get to the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or faulty flashing to avoid leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, curled, or missing shingles should be replaced by a professional. Routine repair services will help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
Find a contractor who can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement a streamlined process. When you’ve found the company you want, then it's just getting your estimate and scheduling an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.